Old 11-16-2003, 11:03 PM   #31
Raven Hawk
College Starter

EVillIVE - Gargoyles 0 - 2

Date: 11/17/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 11026901
Arena: Deadly Grave
Crowd: 50690

A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 50690 to Deadly Grave. EVillIVE tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. Lineup: Robertsson - Kole, Norander, Rennemo , Spørring - Richardsson, van der Molen, Chestnut, Bãdoiu - Roeterdink, Ivarsson.

Gargoyles had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Kullenhult - Blackburn, Morgansson, Olesen - Ekmo, Öbratt, Slyngen, Michelsson - Jackson, Manee, Ball.

Gargoyles had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Bo Robertsson saved Phakphoom Manee´s shot headed for the top corner. EVillIVE made a substitution in the 10:th minute. Eigil Rennemo limped off the field and was replaced by Christian Andreasson. EVillIVE made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Felix Ivarsson completely alone with keeper Torbjörn Kullenhult, who made a spectacular block. Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 18:th minute left Gargoyles´s Phakphoom Manee completely free to score. 0 - 1 for the visitors. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. EVillIVE held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 48:th minute Gargoyles goal, making it 0 - 2. Jami Michelsson was noted down as the scorer. The referee showed Gargoyless Bryce Jackson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Gargoyles´s Phakphoom Manee got himself booked. 69 minutes into the game Bo Robertsson had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Göran Forshult. EVillIVE held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

The most dominating EVillIVE player was without a doubt Joseph Chestnut. Christian Andreasson on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Gargoyles player was Bryce Jackson. However, Torben Olesen made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 2.

-------------------------

The Evil Gargs get their first victory of the season and begin the landslide for Evillive. I was fairly uncertain about this game because my form is in the dumper. Luckily for me, Evil decided to go with the 4-4-2 this week. My ratings were OK: a 71 NSI. However, as I stated earlier, I need to get my form up so that I can put up regular 75+ if I want compete in this series this year. I'm just hoping to survive the first half of the season this year, until I have a forward or two pop and I can strengthen my midfield.

Next week pits the Gargs against the Cows in the newly renovated Concrete Jungle. The Gargs face the prospect of the Cows spending money after a failed experiment with CA. Or perhaps, the Cows will continue to experiment . . .

Either way, the Gargs are looking for one win in the next two weeks. Gargs face Fockers away the following week.

Last edited by Raven Hawk : 11-16-2003 at 11:49 PM.
Raven Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote