Thread: Severe Weather
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #584
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

By the same token however, and with all of that stuff above said ... plain ol' stupidity can't be ruled out as a primary contributor.

You look at my FB wall this morning, the area around where I grew up, all the officials are being very blunt: if it's not absolutely essential travel, STAY OFF THE ROADS. There's still hundreds of abandoned/stuck/wrecked cars on the roads in Pickens/Gilmer/Cherokee counties (exurban to the north of Atlanta), road crews are having problems navigating that to even work on the roads and temps remain below 30, not expected to break 32 all day.

And yet my FB wall is filled with stuff like this
"so can anybody tell me how the roads are from hill city to jasper?"
"We just made it without any problems" & "Wasn't to bad last night, just drive slow!"

Far too many people seem to think that their travel is essential, while everyone else's isn't. The notion that just because you don't wreck doesn't mean that you aren't in the fucking way is largely foreign to some folks.