View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 09:20 AM   #163
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I think Lovie was the ideal fit for Detroit, think he would have corralled Suh, or at least commanded his attention.

As good of a fit as I think that is, I think its an equally terrible fit for him at TB. When you have a decidedly one sided coach, I am ok with little talent deficit on "his side" of the field, but I want enough talent to make mistakes on his weak side. I think Detroit offered that, Stafford and MegaTron are enough talent to keep the Offense decent even without coaching, they've proven that for a few years now.

In TB Lovie is looking over the island of misfit toys on O..and well..not much better on D. All in a conference where NO and Car seem to be on the rise for the foreseeable future compared to the NFC North which I see as much more winable.

I think Tampa has some nice pieces on offense (Martin, Jackson) but it will come down to whether or not Glennon is a real NFL QB. I like that Tedford will be the offensive coordinator.

But then I think Carolina is on the rise, but New Orleans will begin an inevitable decline as Brees' gets older.