View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #5428
Johnny93g
College Starter

An early top 10 of 2013 for me

1. Ain't them bodies saints
It's a interesting story, told in a different way. The music is incredible, and I feel Keith Carradine deserves an Oscar nomination as he stole the movie.
2. Prisoners
Great film stuck with me for a while after watching it. Not a dull moment during the 2.5 hour running time.
3. The Way Way Back
Familiar story, but great movie. Sam Rockwell is becoming one of my favourites. He's great in everything
4. Mud
I haven't seen McConaughey do a better job then in this roll.
5. The Place Beyond the Pines
It's almost like three movies in one, and it's probably to long, but the first 45 minutes is as good as it gets.
6. 42
I love baseball movies, and I loved the baseball action in this. Thoroughly entertaining.
7 The Conjuring
Very creepy. A actual horror movie intended to scare, not shock and disgust.
8. Man of Steel
It's probably the best comic book movie I've seen in a while, and I'm of the opinion that just about all comic book movies are pretty terrible. This wasn't.
9. Robot & Frank
I'm counting this, even though it's a 2012, as i didn't hear about it until this summer. I can't imagine anyone watching this and not enjoying themselves.
10. Stand Up Guys
Pacino, Walken, Arkin, goin around, having fun. It's fun.

My two biggest disappointments of the year:
1. Captain Phillips
Way to long, after the first hour, it got pretty boring. Nothing happened. They tried to create suspense, where the viewer knew there wasn't any. I expected it to be great, and it really let me down.

2.Only God Forgives
Probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and I loved Drive. I see almost nothing redeeming or entertaining about this movie, which i had high hopes for.

Some movies that i expect will change this list when i see them:
Her
Saving Mr Banks
All is Lost
Gravity
Out of the Furnace
The World's End
The Kings of Summer
American Hustle
Walter Mitty
The Wolf of Wallstreet
BBCF: Notre Dame