View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #379
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I had to say goodbye today to my best friend in the world. She came to me in August of 1992 and really helped me through the chaos that the next several years would bring along with any other time I was feeling down. While she was healthy she would purr any time I held her. When I was programming or playing computer games, she practically lived on the desk on between me and the keyboard. She lived through 4 years of failing kidneys and thyroid issues because she never gave me any trouble with the daily treatment that she needed. In October at her checkup the vet told me that her blood tests had shown pretty severe anemia. The tests for her thyroid and kidneys were in normal ranges so he was pretty sure that ultimately it was just her age of 21 catching up to her finally. I vowed that as long as she was still eating and seemed to be in good spirits I would do whatever she needed. She maintained some appetite and always accepted human food but last week she finally reached a point where almost any food she consumed came back up. When she fell from an already thin 6 pounds down to 4.8, I knew I couldn't watch her starve to death. RIP to my cat Kirat.

HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote