View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #191
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How is it their fault? EA was the company profiting off their likeness. Shouldn't people be allowed to be compensated for their likeness being used to sell something?

The sites I looked at today stated each player will get about $200.00 Unlike jerseys or other types of school related flair, every player in the NCAA game gets a cut. How are you going to differentiate between who bought the game because of wanting to play with Johnny Manziel vs. the guy who bought the game because his son was the third TE on North Texas?

While these games are goldmines, they aren't enough of it to make every DI player get thousands of dollars a year off of them. So these guys killed a game that I can assure you many of their peers played while at school and still play to this day because they wanted their little cut.

They have the right to do it. Good for them. I truly mean that. If getting $200 - taxes is a win for them, they got it. They didn't change anything. The players are not going to get money anytime soon. For starters, every school doesn't have money to give. Beyond that, the schools are not giving up their cut. They simply aren't.

Everyone is comparing this to Curt Flood. . . sorry, that's wrong. This will not change anything other than NCAA football not being produced and maybe players names not being printed on the back of jerseys at the team store.

If that's what they were going for, they got the W. Congrats to Ed on his $200.00 check. Yippee.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote