View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 02:37 AM   #14
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Okay since we have more than six we can go ahead and run a mission soon. Here is the rest of the information.

We are almost ready to begin here. Just a few more notes before I forget. I have the game set to navigate flawlessly, I never liked having to navigate. Ammo is set to unlimited since I like to shoot at the planes from time to time. I have also installed an unoffical patch which makes the casulty rate more in line with the real war. It also changes a few other things but these are unimportant to you guys. The causulty rate was a bit high on the severe injuries, and deaths. This patch tones it down a bit, but makes slight injuries more common, and also makes the chance of instant kills possible, which wasnt possible before.

I have decided to only intervene in the proceedings in the case of an emergency, like bandaging the wounded, etc.Most of the stuff I will leave upto the cpu. I think its more interesting when im not controlling the bomb site. I can usually hit spot on with the simplistic site. This also means that I will probably use the plane with the most experienced bombadier as the lead plane. The lead plane actually drops the bombs, all the rest of the planes just drop when they get a signal. This is an incentive to the longer lasting planes, since your crew will gain experience and can improve their skills.

I would like your input on the scoring system. I do think its pretty fair, but im not sure if there are other things I missed that could easily be added. I might add a bonus for medals, and maybe a small bonus for the lead plane.

As for the actual campaign, I dont really plan to adhere to history very accurately. I'm pretty sure that d-day will happen as planned and the war will end if we make it that far. But everything in between will be mostly made up. I think that targets slowly disappear to simulate the forces liberating the countries, but im not certain. If they dont then I will create an imaginary line loosely based on history to select targets.

Current Roster

Code:
Member list Name Plane Missions Flown Kills Crewmen Killed Points Status Qwikshot Cloudsplitter 0 0 0 0 Active Sachmo71 The Four Horsemen 0 0 0 0 Active Coffee Warlord Rust Bucket 0 0 0 0 Active JeeberD The Flying Plantain 0 0 0 0 Active Nyarlahotep Crawling Chaos 0 0 0 0 Active Tasan The Mighty Madness 0 0 0 0 Active Archer219 The Stormbringer 0 0 0 0 Active Tucker342 Hitler Sucks 0 0 0 0 Active Mrbug708 TommyKnocker 0 0 0 0 Active GoldenEagle Golden Bomber 0 0 0 0 Active Mckerney Square Root of Snoopy 0 0 0 0 Active

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote