View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #104
Suicane75
Coordinator

1953 Offseason

Here's the deal, we need to increase our operating budget but it will put us way back into debt, we're set up nicely for the next few seasons so I'm going out and spending, we will lose a ton of green the next few years but screw it. To that end we bring back Josh Gibson & resign Ed Blake. Only Fowler next year and Campanella the year after have expiring contracts, so we're settled in for 3 seasons of massive money losses to put it mildly.

We're able to sign Burdett and Simmons to decent long term extensions that don't break our bank. Despite his loyalty and long term contributions to our team, coming off a knee injury we just can't pay Andy Seminick what he wants so we let him walk. Jim Greengrass and Cal Hogue get really nice raises in arbitration.

We extend Monte Irvin, Jim Greengrass, Cal Hogue, Tommy Lasorda and Clem Koshorek. we sign a LH reliever by the name of Fred Waters who has very good stuff. We add 24 year old 1B Joe Adcock in a deal with Cincy that sends them some young arms, this allows us to move Campanella back to catcher. We make a deal with the A's to get young catcher Rube Walker to be our backup.

We also make a deal where the essential pieces are LH reliever going to the White Sox for RH Tom Poholsky as we enough lefties in the pen with Waters & Lasorda.

We're almost $400,000 over budget, heh.

Edit: The Braves have not moved. I've got my own expansion/relocation scheme.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 07-05-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote