View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 03:51 PM   #3
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Author’s Note: As many of you are aware, I stepped away from this dynasty report just a month or so into last season. In fact, I pretty much stepped away from Hattrick as well. The reason for this has been stated elsewhere, and I do not wish to sully this dynasty report with any further discussion of it.

What I do wish to discuss here, is the reason for the “gap” which now exists in this dynasty report. For any of you non-Hattrickers out there who might be reading this, Hattrick is an online game, with a set schedule. For that reason, writing a dynasty report based on Hattrick is significantly different than doing a report based on TCY, FOF, Madden, or any other “self-contained” game, which can be turned on and off at the writer’s whim. Time is the enemy of any Hattrick dynasty report writer, and I am no exception.

I made a brief attempt to “catch up” with this dynasty report, in order to keep it whole, but found the task to be daunting to the brink of impossibility. I spend a good deal of time on my dynasty reports, and the amount of work that would be involved in writing up the last nine weeks or so of the past season is simply not possible. I do not have that kind of time.

So, I have decided to cut my losses, as it were, and pick up the story again at the present day. A little bit of back-fill is coming (specifically, the moves that have been made during the off-season), but that is all. I will proceed from here as normal. If anyone has any specific questions regarding the past season (specific to the SSFC dynasty and not to my absence, if you please) don’t hesitate to ask.

Many thanks to you all for reading this, and for being patient with me during my absence from this dynasty report, from Hattrick, and from this wonderful board we call home.

-DataKing
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote