View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 01:49 AM   #245
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wow! Ok, so I go to check on my fantasy team earlier in the day. Dallas got rocked again but it was Tugnutt instead of my slumping Turco that got shellacked so no big deal. Then I go check on Vokoun for Nashville. He's down 3-0 to Detroit in the 3rd period (he's been a pretty good backup goalie for me so far- I love that pick and I forget who howled at me but apparently he was right). So I go back and check tonight and see I have one win for goalies and did a double take. I could have sworn I had zero earlier- Turco has continued to suck this week while Vokoun lost a 2-1 heartbreaker to my Hawks. Then I see Nashville 4, Detroit 3. Oops, CoJo imploded and gave up 4 goals in less than 15 minutes while Vokoun, on the other hand, stopped 20 shots in the period and got the win! Too bad, I'm going to lose the wins column 2-1 this week. Just felt like relating a story gloating about Detroit. Resume your daily lives

Oh, wait, in a Colombo-esque manner: "One more thing".

Code:
2. Chicago 6-5-3-0 15 3. Detroit 6-7-1-0 13

I may not be able to do this for long, but I'm going to take it as long as I can

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote