View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 10:35 AM   #237
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by primelord
Wow! I could never have gotten through an exam while watching that game. I was actually at that game. Mac connected with 32 seconds left to be exact. What a roller coaster game that was. Going from the high of MacInnis burying the red line shot and then even higher when everyong in Kiel thought Hull had put in the game winnerin the first OT. To the low of having that goal called back and then Shanny sending us home losers. And to top it off remembering that we were still paying Shannahan from his priginal contract with us. Nothing like paying the guy who beats you in double OT.

I forgot about the Hull "goal"! It went from post to post or something like that. It was ridiculously close to being a goal. Horribly never-wracking game.

That was the problem, I couldn't take the exam. I had to take it that day and started too. I made good progress in the morning and afternoon and when the game started I was like "Ok. I will have the game in the background, but keep on working." After 10 minutes I realized that wasn't working, so I took a "break" and went to a friend's house to watch the game.

I had my freaking coat on and everything, ready to walk out the door and head right back to the final when MacInnis scored. I couldn't believe it. I had but 24 precious hours to write everything I knew about US Constitutional law and Osgood cost me 2 of them!

I also forgot Shanny was still getting paid by the Blues. Ouch. That must really hurt.

Poor Blues. Though I can never justify hatred of the beloved Wings, I can almost see it from a Blues fan's perspective. Almost....
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote