View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 09:40 AM   #232
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by primelord
No I think it is time to panic. Grab your Octopi and run!!!!! The sky is falling!

Seriously though. I have been so busy at work I have unfortunately not seen many hockey games outside of Blues games. However despite the fact they scored 5 goals I thought the Red Wings looked old and slow against the Note. And it's about damn time too.

And on another note what kind of deal did Yzerman make with the devil to still be playing hockey at a high level at this point in his career. I am shocked the man can even stand anymore let alone still putting up close to a point a game.

Steve Yzerman. There is none higher. I have said this for years and he never proves me wrong.

The team is old. The team is slow. Losing Fedorov really hurt. Even though he isn't setting the world on fire in Anahiem (not that they need any more fires down there), he gave the Wings an important dimension they sorely lack now. He could really fly and carry the puck from end-to-end when necessary. That doesn't exist on the team anymore. Losing Zetterberg for 4-6 weeks wont help.

The Wings really do need another forward (under 40), but it doesn't look like they will get one.

They also need to resolve this goalie thing. Hopefully someone will take poor CuJo off their hands.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote