View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 11:30 PM   #330
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sorry. Not good news as far as a quick return to XCOM. Our new baby is not the sleeper that our first one was. My wife is generally a saint, but she turns into a raving Chrysalid when she hears me playing games while she struggles with the baby 24/7. My options--if I want to stay happily married to my posessed wife--are help her with the baby or work (or at least look like I'm working), but there isn't much more than a couple of hours/week for gaming at this point.

I'm hoping things settle soon, but they tell me it could be another two months or more before the baby starts sleeping longer at night and the alien inside my wife departs. I haven't forgotten, though, and the next restart will be the last. We'll go to the end, or until we can't go any more.

If anyone knows how to exorcise demons, let me know. That might help speed things up. And we might get lucky, and things settle down faster. Once the baby starts sleeping at night, I should get that 2-3 hours of free time in the evenings. I can usually get in an hour or so of gaming with that, and that's all we need to get this going again.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote