View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 11:21 PM   #2
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Bye, Bye, Bengt

Only a week after naming Bengt Delhbratt the Gargoyles' Season 20 MVP, Bengt Delhbratt is heading back to Sweden via transfer. Dehlbratt states:

"It vas a like agreement between Gargoyles and me. I vould like to spend more time at home vith family mine."

Less than a week away from his 35th birthday, #24 was getting on in age, but his experience will be missed.

Coach Dessaux says, "We learned alot from him and wish him only the best of luck back in Sweden."

Delhbratt will be missed at the Right Back position. Skeptics wonder if the old war horse was sent away to make room for players more familiar with cutting edge tactics like pressing, counter attacks, and central attacks. Regardless of which, the Gargoyles now have a gaping hole in their defense where Delhbratt used to stand. Most of the Gargoyles' punters agree that it is not a duty that can be handled by incumbents Olesen, DiPalma, Black, or Grova.

While the Gargoyles scramble to fill their defensive slots, their offense looks to be in good shape. During the offseason, the Gargoyles have brought up 19 year old striker, Jeffrey Valencia, to give him a look-see at the position. Already outclassed by younger teammates, however, most likely Coach Dessaux is showing Valencia about so that other teams, who may be interested in his services, can see him play a game or two before making a buy-decision.

Gargoyles' punters are on the edge of their seats waiting to see what moves the oft-criticized, Ravenhawk, makes in the next few weeks. These moves could make or break the team. Pressure is on to bring players in as the Gargs will meet their perennial rival, The SouthPark Cows in week 2 at The Concrete Jungle.