View Single Post
Old 11-02-2003, 11:16 PM   #79
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

20.14: Training, Youth Pull, Conditions, Week In Review

Training
After the awful week last week- everything turned around this week. Instead of having some slumping form, we got back on the right track. Instead of botching and having to do stamina, playmaking resulted in two bumps. Instead of an awful youth pull, we got someone who would sell.

It was about time- Daniel Storm bumped to formidable, giving us our second formidable ever. To show our gratitude, we put him on the market- sorry, but we have 1 trainee too many so Storm was the odd man out. The other bump, that was somewhat unexpected but shouldn't have been, was Thomas Little. He's now up to excellent playmaking to go along with his solid stamina and solid passing. Did I mention that he's 18, like Storm?

Future Training
One more week of playmaking then I suppose a pair of set pieces- we're going to be really good at penalty kicks. Stamina would be useless because I have to play starters and, as of right now, 9 of my starters have excellent stamina and the other 2 have solid. That should keep our form from taking too big of a hit (I hope).

Form
Starters: (+3) (-1)
Entire Team: (+5) (-6)

Starters Form
As odd as it sounds- this used to be the most time consuming part of the update so I took out the colors
Solid (or above): Benito (exc), Starks, Bush, Spagnuolo, Schrader
Passable: Connors, Meek, Kimber, Teepen, Cristiano
Inadequate: Phelan
Weak (or below): -none-

Phelan jumped out of his slump, going from poor to inad in a week! That's great!

Value
Starters: (+9) (-1)
Entire Team: (+13) (-7)

Value Highlights
Above $100K: 10(+1)/16(+1)
Above $200K: 7(+0)/12(+2)
Above $300K: 4(+0)/4(+1)
Team Leader: Carlos Alberto Benito ($536K)
Non-Outfield Leader: Tim Kimber ($459K)
Milestones: Pierre Wellens ($200K)

Pierre Wellens broke the $200K mark this week and Thomas Little continues his meteoric rise: he's up to $397K after being below $250K just 3 weeks ago. FYI- the only starter who went down in value was Timber, but as long as he doesn't drop in form any more, I'm still happy. Another bookkeeping note: we gained a starter over $100K because Schrader was moved to the starting lineup since he's out of his form slump and Miguel was moved back to B Team. All but one of the starters is over $100K in value- the holdout is Elmer Bush at wingback and his $96K value. He's got great form but if Arcadio Sanchez would ever get out of his form slump and supplant Bush in the starting lineup, then we would have an all $100K value lineup.

Team Stats
Total Wages: 36068 (+$0)
Total Value: 4537000 (+174000)
Avg Value: 206277 (-1485)
Avg Age: 23 (NC)
Avg Form: passable (NC)
Avg Experience: poor (NC)
No of players: 22 (+1)
Nationalities: 12 (NC)

Notes: The extra player is the youth pick who is on sale right now.

Youth Pull, Week 20.14
I stand corrected- last week's youth pull did sell. Bradley Brinson went to the aka boys in the Netherlands for $7K as he was a 17yo inad playmaker who was a pseudo clown. This weeks, however, is much better. I'd train Christopher Wilson except that he's too old (scary to say that about a 19yo): he's a solid playmaker with inad passing and stamina and weak wing and defending. Even in this depressed market, he should fetch $80K so that's what he's starting at.

Youth Pull Status
Youth Pulls: 42
Youth Pull Grocers: 25 (+0)
Youth Pulls Sold: 15 (+1)
Youth Pulls Still With Club: 2 (+0)
Total Sold for: 1139000 (+0)

Youth Pull
Christopher Wilson (17852743)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial guy who is tranquil and honest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.
Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 122 000 US$
Wage: 1 160 US$/week

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: weak
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

Conditions

Youth Squad: excellent (max)
Investment in the Youth squad: 20 000 US$ / week (NC)

Sponsors: dancing in the streets (NC)
Supporter Club: 1509 members (+14)
Supporters: high on life (up from delirious)

Team Spirit: calm (down from content)
Confidence: strong (up from poor)

20.14 Week In Review

On the Field
Chock handed Houston the worst loss in team history, 7-1 at his place. I PIC'd and played some subs so it was expected. As for our friendly, we're now 1-0 against teams in top series of countries. Bring on billay and I'll kick Landfills ass! Ok, maybe not. But we went to Iceland and bet Real Reykjavik 4-2. We liked it so much, we'll be doing it again next week, going to play a team in Croatia's top league.

Off the Field
Two big bumps by a pair of UberTrainees(TM) as Storm goes to formidable playmaking and Little goes to excellent. Storm is now on the market at $950K, hoping to get a bite. If he doesn't, I'll put him up for $800K or $850K next week. Also got a good youth pull who should bring in $80K+ in Christopher Wilson.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote