View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #104
Subby
lolzcat

I used to play a game called Virtual Producer that was in the same vein as this game. BK used to play it, too.

This was 10 years ago (oy vey), but I believe this is how it worked. On Monday, players submitted their movie pitches (everyone was a movie studio e.g. mine was called Suburban Films). For two days, the community voted on the pitches that they wanted to see as films. The pitches that got the most votes were then "greenlit".

The production companies would then market the movie, cast the movie, and write a treatment, scriptlet, etc.. The movie would then go into theaters and would make money based on how many people voted to "see it".

Your revenues were based on box office, money you were paid to make posters, write pitches, scripts, etc. . You spent money on cast (each actor had a set price), director, marketing, etc..

In the end, the owner sold the game to HSX which disbanded the game just for the domain name (people were stupid back in 2001).

I always thought it was a fun game, if a little time intensive.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote