View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #756
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
So, since the day's work is largely figured out, we should probably turn our minds to a vote. This rule set obviously makes it doubly difficult to decide to off someone, but as has been noted, we also need the vote history to work from.

If we continue not voting anyone, we gain the advantage of more workers, and so a sooner liftoff, which means reaching the point where they cannot create new Spawn sooner. I like the sound of that.

However, by not executing we're giving the spawn that exist free rein to hide, and increase in number, putting us in a tough position once we lift off. We do have the ability of the doctor and security to oppose them even if we're not lynching them, and if we're able to keep our doctor safe that could be a more powerful tool than just offing ourselves randomly.

Obviously if we vote, we're going to be influenced the person's role. Roles that can be easily replaced, or done away with, are more likely to get voted out. Without evidence i don't think we're going to garner much support for voting out important public roles. So I'm not sure how useful a vote will be, as we'll essentially be picking from a smaller subset of less essential roles.

I know there is the counter argument as well, that we need to establish voting history. But I am tending toward the opinion that voting might wait for a bit longer.

I understand your argument, but I came into today of the mindset we absolutely need to start voting, even if it's for someone with a lesser role only. We simply need to start building a vote history. It might be meaningless now, but we know how important it could be down the line.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote