Thread: Severe Weather
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #74
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Dola-

Aaron Tuttle. Works for the FAA. I don't know how reliable this guy is other then the fact that he is a meteorologist and works for the FAA. But, holy shit is he preparing folks. I guess better to scare people than to let them be unprepared.

This is his facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/ATsFans

Quote:
URGENT UPDATE: I just finished looking over the morning computer models and things have gone from bad to worse. The trend continues to show grave concern. We are in store for a 2 day outbreak of deadly tornadoes beginning this afternoon. There is a High Risk from the SPC tomorrow but there should be one today as well, if at least not a Moderate. Doesn't matter, don't let that affect you either way.... The point is we have two unique atmospheric conditions setting up which will give us the same result each day. Storms should start to fire by 4pm across W/SW/S/C OK and continue to develop during the overnight. The tornado threat increases exponentially after dark, but that's not to say there won't be short lived quick ones before dusk. I do expect them. The long track long lived ones may hold off until after dusk when we are all most vulnerable. The storms will continue through much of the night over the state before ending by day break.

The next round for Saturday still appears to hold off until late in the day, near dusk for another evening event. As the 1st round will work over the atmosphere to help stabilize it. This is the kind of situation where unfortunately people die. There's only so much you can do to take responsibility for yourself and loved ones. For one, find a sturdy shelter, two get a NOAA weather radio and pay attention, and three pray. I have a very bad feeling about this. I hope I am wrong though. Too many things are pointing to one of the nastiest events we've seen over this region in a long time.

Also, OK is not alone in this. N TX up to NE and points East will be affected also. This will be a storm system for the record books folks. I don't often get worked up over events until I see a setup that looks to take lives from strong tornadoes such as EF4s and EF5s, especially at night. This is one of those. Don't panic, just prepare. Be safe!

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 04-13-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote