View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 04:31 PM   #65
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I was thinking about making my favorite Tecmo Bowl team. A long time ago, I ran an entire season in Tecmo Super Bowl with, count 'em, 5 different teams (although I had to simulate one team when two of my teams played). I think Marion Butts had 3000 yards rushing, Warren Moon and Steve Young with some ungodly number passing, and a couple of guys with about a billion sacks. Fun stuff! However, I couldn't remember anyone except QBs, RBs, WRs and Junior Seau.

So instead, I went with another team I played around with, this time in Madden franchise mode. Some people do crazy stuff during spring break- get drunk every day (no fun), go to the beach (nothing new here: I grew up in Corpus and Houston), or just have crazy sex (too dangerous), if movies are to be believed. But I'm a dork, so a friend and I played Madden for something like 18 hours straight one day playing in franchise mode, only stopping the sim to play head-to-head and Super Bowl games. He took Tampa Bay and I went with Jacksonville for many resons: good talent base, wasn't in cap hell, Tony Boselli rocks because anyone who is a franchise player at offensive lineman gets my vote for badass, and I'm a moron for always picking Fred Taylor on my fantasy team, immediately getting that sinking feeling in my gut, and watching him get hurt year after year.

QB: Mark Brunell (Near Superstar)
RB: Fred Taylor (Superstar)
WR: Jimmy Smith (Elite Starter)
WR: Keenan McCardell (Excellent Starter)
OT: Tony Boselli (Rare Superstar)
DE: Tony Brackens (Near Superstar)
LB: Kevin Hardy (Elite Starter)
CB: Aaron Beasley (Excellent Starter- ok, so that's a stretch, but I wanted another defensive player and the only other Jag I could think of was Leon Searcy)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote