View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #113
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Ordered the Fork Over Knives book and the Firehouse 2 cookbook for ideas. One thing that got me thinking is I can go through two gallons of milk without looking at the expiration dates. I went and got some oatmeal and started to have that for breakfast instead of cereal. It's only been two days, but I can feel the difference. I can't sub out milk for eggs because then I just make omelets, and I can't make them without cheese.

My goal right now is to only buy one gallon of milk until all of my cereal is gone and then get as much as I need, which should be hardly any. My overall goal isn't to be a vegetarian/vegan. It's to simply get more vegetables and fruits into my diet. The one video talking about how 50% of our fruit and vegetable intake comes from french fries rang a little too true. The sad part is, the other 50% isn't that great either. I figure just switching to oatmeal and trying to get one other meal to be plant based and I'll still be sane while vastly healthier.

I have a ton more energy since cutting out dairy. Just a thought, since one of the breakfasts I have from the cookbook is 'Rip's Big Bowl' is to give vanilla flavored Almond Milk a try. I make a bowl that includes Kashi Go Lean Crunch, Uncle Sam's Cereal, raw old fashioned oats, then an array of fruits, usually Blueberries, Strawberries and a Banana. I put just enough Almond Milk on it to get everything wet. Very tasty.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote