View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #104
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Thanks for taking it seriously, and I hope you find what you're looking for.

I know personally I find it tough to handle the separation between the "serious science" (which is often too thick or complex for me to really digest or approach), and the "dumbed down version" where I feel I have to take someone's word for it. I think it's a common dilemma with complex topics.

And - I'd be remiss if I didn't offer one more thought here. Try it. Do one of these 21-day or 28-day challenges, and see if you have results. It's fairly common, especially for people with problem cholesterol, to see a really marked improvement in just that much time. I know it's a weird thing to contemplate... but if you're uncertain whether it would be effective for you, one way to find out is to see what happens.

Things is rght now I am on the pure other end of the spectrum...a paleo/keto diet. I question the link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol. ANd from a pure evolutionary stand point, it is undeiable that we as homo sapiens killed, fished and ate meat long before we ever grew crops or processed grains.

Just seems to me, that if similar arguments were presnted about say an FOF gameplan people would nash teeth about the multitude of variables that are not accounted for. In this argument people who are otherwise intelligent seem to be making leaps of logic that border on cult hood to me.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote