View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #326
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I wish people would stop comparing this to the Duke Lacrosse "thing". This is not about an adult woman who was a prostitute charging college aged men with raping her. While those charges are bad, they are a far cry from charges of a large adult male anal raping 10 year old boys. Many boys.

I only used it as a comparison about how guilty everyone can think the accused is until the ENTIRE story comes out in the trial. Yes, the Grand Jury report looks bad, and yes I believe it is LIKELY all this outrage will eventually be justified when the trial is over. But Grand Jury != Guilty, and we have a society built on "Innocent until proven Guilty". We have not heard all the evidence, and we have the prosecutor's view of what went on. Of course it's going to look horrible at this point.

The one thing going in favor of Grand Jury being right is we don't have the prosecutor out running this media campaign, which in the past has been a sure sign that the case is weak. But still, this country via the media is way to quick to rush to a judgement before all the evidence has come out. That's all I'm trying to say. Wait for the trial, THEN hang 'em all.