View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #323
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Well, my line of thinking as I've considered this some more is that it's awfully easy to moralize and judge from your armchairs or what have you. My impression is that Sandusky and Paterno were good friends. Realistically, how many of you would turn in your friends or family if you discovered something like this was going on?

In a heartbeat. Of course, I'm known to be able to pretty easily divorce emotion from my decisions. No one says it would be easy; but sometimes you have to do what's right, even if it's the most difficult thing you've ever had to do.

I was pretty impressed with what Jimbo Fisher said (and the fact that he came out and said it):

Quote:
Jimbo Fisher, Bowden’s successor, weighed in on the sexual abuse allegations that threaten to tarnish Paterno’s 45 year career.

“You have to do what morally you think is right,” Fisher said Tuesday evening when asked about situations that might involve some kind of legal action. “You have to go by protocol, report it to the proper authorities, and I think you have a moral obligation (to) yourself and who you are to do what is right. And I think that’s up to each individual.”

Fisher said that when it comes to a coach calling the police, it boils down to what an individual’s moral obligation is. He added that he believes that too often the focus shifts from what is politically right instead of what is morally right.

“Right’s right and wrong’s wrong,” Fisher said.

Now, I guess I have to hope and pray he takes his own advice if an unfortunate situation ever arises at FSU.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-09-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote