View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 01:24 AM   #35
Karim
College Starter

Just some quick thoughts on the Flames...

Sutter has molded the team so every game is going to be a dogfight. We still don't have much offensive talent, but there are no shrimps on the team and they'll work hard or be out of the lineup. No longer will the Flames be an easy two points.

That being said, everyone will have to increase their goal scoring by at least 5 goals. A lot is expected of Saprykin and Kobasew. Chuckie showed a lot in preseason, Oleg didn't. It's probably going to be goal-scoring by committee.

The defence is solid but still lacks a proven PP QB, although Leopold is miles ahead of where he was last year. Lydman is once again going to have heavy expectations.

Turek will have to be consistent but there's also big question marks in back-up. McLellan had an awful camp while a couple of kids (Sabourin and Krahn) did well. Turek can't play every game.

I still think we're on the outside looking in, but I think we have the depth, toughness and coaching to be a pain in the ass every night. We haven't had that kind of competitiveness in a long time.

I'm going to the home opener on Saturday and can't wait.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote