View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 08:31 AM   #127
lytic
College Benchwarmer

The kix were sitting happy in 4th mainly due to luck and being looked over. I predicted him 8th in the preseason, and despite him being a nice guy, that's where he should be with his ratings. Ave's, who I picked 4th or 5th, fell well below my expectations. I think I predicted myself a 6th place finish. I'm sitting on some cash, so I'm torn between going for a U20 defender or getting a Supernatural Keeper. That keeper would solidify my defense and I'd actually end up stopping more goals. Do you realize that I have the 2nd most goals against, next to Aves? Actually I think Kix passed me up this past week... but how can 2 defensive teams have the most goals against? Imagine ET defenses with brilliant attacks using a counter attack??!?!
As for evillive, I never was really impressed with his team. He doesn't have a great training program. It's not a *bad* training program, but most of his success is because of good youth pulls. If I were him, I'd be pretty pissed off with that keeper purchase. It hasn't done anything for him. Despite the 5*'s, his keeper hasn't bolsted his defense like he was probably hoping. Sure he has a bril central defense... but it doesn't seem to help him.
As for next week, did see Aves defensive ratings? How the hell are you supposed to score on that crap? I will have to MOTS to crack that. If I can steal a point or 3 from mike, then I'll be sitting pretty, but it won't be easy. I've considered a 3-4-3 with a MOTS to cover for the mid just to break that defense! If I tie, then I'll have to take 1 from hulis or fockers. If I take 3, then I doubt kix will be able to pass me.
If I get demoted, I won't need that keeper... if I stay, I think that keeper will look good in my squad.

Don't forget, my win wasn't really outta my ass... our ratings were similar mainly because of his midfield, but I really had better ratings and I attacked an oustanding defense with a formidable attack. His attack wasn't even close to my ratings (since when do defensive ratings mean anything?)... remember my comments a few days ago? evillive isn't as strong as most people think.
One last random comment, Kix's confidence and approval ratings with the crowd is probably at an all time low. I don't think he'll come out of this funk and aves could take advantage and take 7th and my prediction of Kix ending up in 8th could come true despite most disagreeing with me.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote