View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #25
Thomkal
Head Coach

You'll note in the JAG discussion forum, I said in my very first post there, "Who do I think are mobsters? from a metagaming point of view-the longer Tyrith and Hoops are still alive, the more likely they are mobsters. Sad that I have to think along those lines, but they are both too experienced, and too good to keep alive I feel over the others" Of course I then said that Hoops was trying to hint he was Rachel Dawes right after that, but I digress.

The point is you two and a few others have well-earned reputations for being good WW players. I mean Tyrith in particular is extremely dangerous as a wolf-as we just found out. I can't just throw that out the door when I play WW, but what I do is not use that as my reason publically for voting for you-I go looking for things in your posts and votes to help back this thought up. You have to remember this is a game, and while people want to be fair and even to all, its not usually possible to be that way, especially when the competitive juices get flowing late in games. It sucks that that's the way it works, but you've got a reputation and it just can't be completely ignored.

Note that a bad reputation also follows you from game to game and also used as a reason to keep certain players alive or killed depending on which side you are playing-low posters are one example of this-its often used as a day 1 excuse for voting for someone like that-my suggestion is you give them time to see if this low posting behavior is going to change this game before blindly voting for them for an out-of-game reason.

And as it was made crystal clear to me in the just finished Dark Knight game, a reputation as a poor player also can influence decisions made by both sides. It'd be nice if everyone could just leave reputation as a private reason to vote/seer view/nightkill/etc and look for real reasons in the game being played.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote