View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #362
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I am wondering if the Rozzie Roz scene was perhaps not quite as useless as we all believe. She said she was going to King's Landing, so it's very possible that she's going to make another appearance at some point in the series. There is a fair amount of things that happen in whore houses in the books.

So, while Roz is not taking the place of a certain whore, she could show up as some other prostitute. And having here all of a sudden appear in King's Landing, while she was always at Winterfell, without any transitional scene like we had, would seem weird and stupid. The internets would be screaming "What!?! How is she at King's Landing?!?! She was at Winterfell! OMG! WTF?!?"

So, that's my theory. The scene is setting up for Roz at King's Landing. There are a couple of characters in the books she could take the place of. It would make it more effective, too, since she's an already established and known character to some degree.

Exactly. I was reading some of the chaos over at the winter-is-coming.net set in the comments thread for Episode 7, and (minor spoilers about what Lord Tywin is doing when he's introduced below), I gotta say that I agree with those who get wayyyyyyyyyyy too worked up over tiny little things
Spoiler
. These people who get so worked up over this stuff need to get some damn perspective and relax and enjoy the show for what it is on its own merits.

Same thing with the (spoiler for an episode 7 scene involving 2 characters, no discussion of the actual scene contents, just that it exists)
Spoiler
. It might seem a little weird, but it gives you a hell of a lot of the backstory of Littlefinger, and if anything, will serve to make later events even more..."WTF" to new viewers. So for everyone who's complaining about that scene being out-of-character I wish they'd just relax and realize shit can't be 100% failthful to the books and enjoy the show.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-24-2011 at 10:09 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote