View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #405
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I think I agree that it will move randomly if the holder if killed. Considering it moves randomly without instructions anyway.

Thinking through this though.

If I don't tell you who I pass it to, we learn nothing, right?
If I tell you guys who I am passing it to,

If it's a villager, they can confirm receiving it the next day.
If it's a wolf, in two-three days if someone dies then we could know that the person I gave it to is probably a wolf. (Would a villager be lucky enough to actually receive both at this point? I think the odds are 1 in 256 that a villager would get both tomorrow. (1 in 16 times 1 in 16) And if a villager got both would they use it?)

If I don't tell you and the person is a wolf, you won't know which person is suspect for gun use if an extra villager dies.
If I don't tell you and the person is a villager, they can say "Yes, I have the gun." And then I can confirm if that person is actually the person I gave it to. Although I highly doubt anyone will make a "fake gun reveal post".

Here's the problem, if you tell us who you pass it to and he's night killed then the gun could end up in the hands of the wolves through either random chance or if they claim items on their victims.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote