View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
51ichiro51
n00b

Herb Ramirez, Kicker (TCY/FOF)

Well my last dynasty kind of fizzled out. Turns out the player I chose was too much of an underdog, and never really got any experience in college. So with his career over, here's the start of a new dynasty where I follow a single player throughout his career.

I decided to choose someone good this time (so he'll probably make it to the NFL). One guy that immediately stood out was a kicker from Utah named Herb Ramirez...he's the #16 prospect in the nation. (The #2 kicker in the country is #235)

I don't ever remember seeing a kicker rated that high, so he's the guy I'm gonna go with. Here's some basic information:

HERB RAMIREZ, K
5'9", 173lbs
Clearfield High School (Clearfield, Utah)
#16 Overall, #1 Kickers, #1 Utah

Intended major: Kinesiology
GPA: 3.31
Test: 1315
Selection Emphasis: Academics, Distance

Herb really seems to be in a league of his own. He's widely regarded as the best high school kicker in the nation, and the best prospect out of the state of Utah. Nobody else on his high school team is even being considered for college ball. But now it's his senior year, and finally time for him to really prove himself to all the scouts out there.

(I'll just get the recruiting done in this first post, so at least we'll know where he's going to play)

WEEK 2
Oklahoma and Tennessee have both made offers, Herb is considering both of them. It's worth noting that Oklahoma is ranked #2 in the nation, with Tennessee ranked #11. Tennessee seems to need a kicker the most; their star kicker Cris Rogers graduates after this year, and their only backup is a freshman rated at just 20.

WEEK 3
Add Florida State and Ohio State to the list. Herb has four offers now, all by schools with an athletic prestige rating of at least 90.

WEEK 4
Herb has now visited with Brigham Young University, his first visit of the year. Still no change with the other four schools...

WEEK 5
Iowa State has made an offer, bringing the total to 6 schools. Brigham Young is still the only one he's visited.

WEEK 6
And it's official! Herb Ramirez has committed to Brigham Young University, of the Mountain West Conference. BYU's main kicker Grady Turnbull is in his last year of eligibility, leaving them with only one backup (who'll be a senior in 2005).

OK, so that's all for the introductory stuff. If Herb is redshirted next year, I'll just sim ahead and give a brief recap of the year. But when he plays, I'll try and make this as interesting as possible. (for a kicker at least)

51ichiro51 is offline   Reply With Quote