View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 03:49 PM   #61
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally posted by revrew
If the dealer drew to a held 17 or busted, Eater would win. Anything else, and it's Eli's game. The dealer had a Queen exposed. He turned over a 4. The crowd first buzzed, then hushed, as the ZFL official drew a card. He turned it over...and the crowd goes nuts! He drew a ..."

"10! He drew a 10! The dealer busts, so both Eater and Eli win their hands, Eli for a total of $130, but thanks to his gutsy move, Eater of Sandwiches brings home $230! San Antonio remains undefeated, taking the game, 24-21!"

Commish's recap
"Big wins this week for Albuquerque and L.A., but especially big for San Antonio! Personally, I thought Eli Manning was the favorite, but Eater of Sandwiches pulls off the upset. Guts and glory fot the Sandwich man.

Chicago got their first win -- over an expansion team, yeeha. Are the Eagles really that bad? First to nearly worst? We might find out next week when the Eagles face another expansion squad, the upstart El Paso Busters.

And speaking of next week...Portland vs. Milwaukee on FOX - one of the ZFL's original rivalries. But on ESPN, get buckled for what some are calling this year's championship bout in only week 6 of the season! Undefeated San Antonio and the killer D vs. soon-to-be MVP Moe Sizzlack and the red hot Isotopes! Only one undefeated team will be left standing after next week. Which will it be?

The best matchup up the year may be just around the corner!"
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote