View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 09:33 AM   #87
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's the matter-of-factness of this article that kinda makes me laugh. The university is LSU, btw...

Coates glory hole still in use, Middleton inactive
Steel plate covering frequently torn off

Despite the University's many efforts to rid the campus of glory holes, users continue to persevere.

The holes, carved in bathroom stall partitions, are used for anonymous oral sex.

The University recently patched the glory hole in the rear men's restroom of Coates Hall with a piece of sheet metal. It has since been torn and is open for business again.

Paul Favaloro, director of Facility Services, said in September that blocking holes with steel plates is how Facility Services combats glory holes, which he called a "recurring" problem.

Postings on CruisingForSex.com indicate the glory hole in Coates returned to operation in July.

"The glory hole in Coates Hall is up and running again. Traffic has been steady," July postings on the website said. "[Middleton] is completely shut down, but Coates Hall is once again like it was back in the day."

There have been no postings about the Coates Hall glory hole since July.

This is not the first time Coates has had trouble with glory holes, said LSU Police Department spokesman Capt. Russell Rogé in September. Police responding to complaints made a series of arrests in 2001 involving the same restroom in Coates.

In the past few years, Facility Services spent nearly $40,000 repairing the damaged wood partitions in Middleton Library bathrooms, according to an Oct. 1, 2008, report by The Daily Reveille.

Since July 1, Facility Services has received three Middleton glory hole calls— Sept. 1, Nov. 8 and Nov. 9 — according to Tammy Millican, Facility Services Manager.
Every time the glory hole was reported, Facility Services had it repaired, according to Millican.

Millican also described the issue as a "recurring problem" and encouraged anyone who sees glory holes in restrooms to report them to Facility Services.

There have been no obscenity complaints concerning glory holes on campus since early 2008, LSUPD spokesman Sgt. Blake Tabor told The Daily Reveille in September.

Penalties for drilling a glory hole and exposing oneself may result in a property damage charge and a felony charge of obscenity, Tabor said.

If students are approached, they should notify police, Tabor added.

" + pageTitle + "
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote