View Single Post
Old 09-19-2003, 11:43 PM   #47
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

20.8: Training, Youth Pull, Conditions, Week In Review

Training
Nothing too exciting going on this week. We might get a bump from veteran winger Mick Stark or veteran middie Stephen Connors in the not too distant future, but I'm not sure when. Our form continues to improve little by little. I think we may do stamina in one more week or two.

Future Training
Like I said, maybe one more week of playmaking then stamina.

Form
Starters: (+3) (-1)
Entire Team: (+4) (-3)

Starters Form
Solid (or above): Meek (exc) Benito Miguel Kimber Spagnuolo
Passable: Christiano Connors Teepen Bush Phelan
Inadequate: Starks
Weak (or below):

Almost have everyone back on the happy side of form. Starks could use one more little nudge.

Value
Starters: (+7) (-3)
Entire Team: (+12) (-6)

Value Highlights
Above $100K: 9(+1)/15(+1)
Above $200K: 7(+1)/10(+1)
Above $300K: 2(+0)/2(+0)
Team Leader: Tim Kimber ($529K)
Outfield Leader: Carlos Alberto Benito ($416K)
Milestones: Benito ($400K), Meek ($200K), Storm ($200K)

Lots of milestones this week as Benito smashes through the $400K barrier. Also, we added a new $100K player (see below). Meek and Storm also had value milestones.

Team Stats
Total Wages: 34184 (+1990)
Total Value: 3855000 (+434000)
Avg Value: 175227 (+19727)
Avg Age: 22 (+0)
Avg Form: passable (NC)
Avg Experience: wretched (NC)
No of players: 22 (+1)
Nationalities: 12 (+1)
NOTE: Oops- I passed along the wrong figures last week. They were actually the figures for this week.

Youth Pull, Week 20.08
I waited until Monday morning to pull this week. I have been trying to pull Sunday during game times, but I completely forgot until the next day this week and I was well rewarded. Billie Guillory is a really nice wing trainee. Unfortunately he's 19 and has wretched stamina. Otherwise he would go for even more. Still, he's a solid winger with passable playmaking and that's no slouch: a pair of complimentary skills. I listed him for $200K, which is probably too much. However, I do expect to get in the $150K range for him.

Youth Pull Status
Youth Pulls: 36
Youth Pull Grocers: 24 (+0)
Youth Pulls Sold: 10 (+0)
Youth Pulls Still With Club: 2 (+1)
Total Sold for: 995000 (+0)

Youth Pull
Billie Guillory (16435429)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.
Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 106 000 US$
Wage: 1 060 US$/week

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: weak
Winger: solid Defending: weak
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: passable

Conditions

Youth Squad: excellent (max)
Investment in the Youth squad: 20 000 US$ / week (NC)

Sponsors: high on life (NC)
Supporter Club: 1411 members (+18)
Supporters: content (down 1 level from delerious)

Team Spirit: composed (NC)
Confidence: decent (down 1 level from strong)

The loss didn't hurt us too much but I'm guessing next week won't be pretty provided we lose at Kaishaku this week, as expected.

20.08 Week In Review

On the Field
Kaishaku dealt us a huge blow to our money chances this week. We blew a 2-1 halftime lead and lost 4-2 at home. Unless we can win at his place next week or pass up Iowa, we will be forced to have a qualification game. The brightest spot in the game is that Spagnuolo continued his hot streak with our only two goals of the game. In our friendly, we played illinifans Spring Grove Fighting Eagles in the "Player We Shall not Refer to by his Name Cup". They beat us 3-1 as we couldn't muster much offense and were dominated in possession.

Off the Field
Ok, so technically we bought him early next week so he wasn't available for the Kaishaku game but we'll fudge a little around the edges. The newest Hippo is Koos Teepen and the veteran winger will sport the #10. With weak experience and inadequate leadership, he can fill in at captain in a pinch, and he has excellent set pieces. However, the reason we got him is his solid winger/passable PM stats that get him *** per game. The Nederland native came to us from a Belgie team called België for a little under $80K. We're hoping to get two good seasons out of him. Last on our mini shopping spree is a *** wingback with solid or better defense and passable or better wing for under $200K. Also, this week, we had a great youth pull in Billie Guillory who should bring in $150-$200K.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-19-2003 at 11:44 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote