View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #503
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
DT - wow keep up the awesome work! Wished I had your willpower when it comes to the kind of food I eat.

I totally credit my food-stuff to when I did weight watchers like 12 years ago. Gave me all sorts of awesome ideas of ways to eat.

And the instant pudding is great - tastes delicious. Even when i wasn't watching my weight I'd eat it.

I think I had like...2 smoothies yesterday. One with yogurt and one with nonfat milk. Berries in the yogurt one, berries and banana in the milk one. Delicious.

It's all about shrinking your stomach though, and filling up on things that are low calorie. One approach that I take is to try to snack on fruits and veggies, ideally before meals. If you snack on an apple or a banana, or have one serving of veggies before you even start preparing the meal then you'll be less hungry and need to eat less of the higher-carb stuff.

It doesn't always work - it's not practical for me with dinner for example when I get home and have to make it all myself and eat right away. So I'll have my main dinner minus veggies and then put the veggies out and the rest of the food away for the night, so when I start to get hungry I have the veggies from dinner right there next to me to snack on and fill me up.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote