View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 11:43 PM   #40
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee Warlord
Psi attacks are by far the most brutal thing in the game. Blaster Launchers are #2, but nothing's worse than your own guys killing you, and they seem to just pound you with it.

Not to give anything away, but in the final final battle. I took 22 men (I think. However many the ubership lets you pack in there). I won with 3 left. 4 died in a blaster hit, 1 from a regular attack, the rest from psi.

I agree completely. It is such a devasting weapon for the aliens.

Lately, I've found that I can reduce PSI casualties by checking each agent's morale after PSI attacks hit. If a guy's morale takes a big hit, I'm having him drop all weapons and try to get the hell out the battle. I've noticed in many cases that it takes two PSI hits to turn an agent over to the enemy, and by dropping weapons right after the first hit, they guy has nothing to fight with once he goes over. Not only that, but I think the aliens might be locking onto the same agent once they've turned him, so we can get them to in effect waste their PSI attacks on someone who can't do us any harm by doing this. If I can eventually get the guy away from the action for a while, sometimes he'll settle down enough to bring back into the fight later.

This doesn't always work, of course (just ask Sachmo II and Katon), but I'm hoping to reduce the PSI casualties by 50% or more by doing this.

By the way, your post didn't give anything away, but my god, 18 deaths out of 22 agents? Yikes! Suddenly the final mission has me scared, very scared.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 09-18-2003 at 11:45 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote