View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 11:09 PM   #35
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
Has anyone run the numbers on the casualty rate of the X-COM force?

I ran some a long time ago, when we were only about 20 missions in to X-COM II, and some for X-COM I. X-COM I was pretty high KIA rate, I think above 20% at the end. X-COM II was lower when I ran them, about 10%, if I remember right.

A rough guess would say we're at 10% KIA right now in X-COM II. This is mission #66, and there are almost always ten agents on a mission. We're just shy of 66 agents KIA. So I'd say 10%, give or take a point.

I'd be interested to see how we've died: what percentage due to mind control, friendly fire, and enemy fire. It seems like I have the most trouble with damn mind control. It would also be interesting to see what type of enemies have the highest kill percentage. For example, how many agents get killed by Sectoids for each Sectoid we kill? Say it's taken 300 Sectoids to kill 30 agents, that would give them a 10/1 ratio. I would have to bet that those Ethereals are the worst, but we haven't seen them for a while. Knock on wood.

I was bummed, though, when you bought it, Sachmo. That was going to be your 20th mission. You would have been the first to complete the tour. And I thought I had you in such a safe place, too.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote