View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 11:00 PM   #34
Japherwaki
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by SirFozzie
Damnit GB.. are you doing this to drive me crazy? I have a feeling that this is it. Especially since you called up three, but we have two deaths so far

Don't worry, he wouldn't tip his hand like that. Two died on the mission so far, and Breeze didn't answer the call to report for duty. There's your three.

Although, at some point in the last thread, when he mention my uncanny luck, he mentioned me blunding into a room with a couple of Floaters, and mentioned some sort of incident with a blaster launcher that I had no recollection of. I wonder if he had played the base assault mission up to that point when he made the post. I pulled this from the mission notes of the 64th Mission: Sands of Tibet.

Mission Notes:
Amazingly, after getting shot at four times from point blank range, Japherwaki II came through the mission unhurt! The scene played out almost identically to when Blade 6119 III got killed, but Japherwaki II came out of the thing with only scratches, whereas Blade 6119 got ripped apart. Japherwaki II is the second luckiest agent I have ever seen. First he survives a close range Blaster missile launch, now this. This is clearly a man who should buy himself a lottery ticket this weekend. Luck like this just doesn’t happen everyday.

Is the base mission what you were talking about here, GB, or am I just completely confused? Because I can't seem to remember any other incidents with a blaster launcher involving Japherwaki II.