View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 01:38 PM   #43
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

20.07: Training, Youth Pull, Conditions, Week In Review

Training
Finally! Robert Trygka23u9fjaindklnaf-239j3=koamskn;kgln-234-9u32hfioash bumps this week to excellent. I'll float him on the transfer market for an exorbitant price, but ultimately he'll be back with us next week, most likely. Also, we had winger Ivan Viseslav bump. He's kindof a faceless guy for the team, but I bought him last year for pretty cheap as a 19yo winger trainee and when we sold Newsom, he quietly slipped into his spot opposite Starks, putting up 2.5 stars routinely. He has now bumped to passable playmaking to go along with his passable winger skill and excellent stamina. A cursory glance at the transfer market says I could sell him in excess of $100K, which is an intriguing possiblity if I could get a 3.0 or 3.5 star veteran winger.

Future Training
We're getting close to that stamina week that I'd like to run as form has improved some this week. Maybe in 1-2 weeks. Next week, still more playmaking.

Form
Starters: (+2) (-2)
Entire Team: (+6) (-2)

Starters Form
Solid (or above): Phelan (exc) Meek (exc) Miguel Kimber Spagnuolo
Passable: Benito Connors Viseslav Bush
Inadequate: Christiano
Weak (or below): Starks

Starks didn't move at all. All the moves were people cycling between the top 3 levels so not much to write home about.

Value
Starters: (+5) (-5)
Entire Team: (+12) (-6)

Value Highlights
Above $100K: 8(+0)/14(+3)
Above $200K: 6(+0)/9(+1)
Above $300K: 2(+0)/2(+0)
Team Leader: Tim Kimber ($498K)
Outfield Leader: Carlos Alberto Benito ($369K)
Milestones: None ($0K)

Wellens moved back over $100K, up to $126K with a form increase and Clement Schrader finally nudged back above the $100K line. Kimber keeps flirting with that $500K line but he's been doing that all year. Lastly, we added a player (see below).

Team Stats
Total Wages: 34184 (+1990)
Total Value: 3855000 (+434000)
Avg Value: 175227 (+19727)
Avg Age: 22 (+0)
Avg Form: passable (NC)
Avg Experience: wretched (NC)
No of players: 22 (+1)
Nationalities: 12 (+1)

Youth Pull, Week 20.07
Not much going on here this week except a lot of disappointment. Zack Olivares only sold for $32K, leaving us just shy of $1M for youth pull proceeds and our current youth pull, Douglas Delong, is currently "enjoying" his work as box stacker at the Hippos Memorial Piggly Wiggly(TM). I think it's time to try something new. As we reach 25 guys, it's time to change up where we send them. The Piggly Wiggly just isn't large enough for all of these rejects. Any thoughts on what should be next?

Youth Pull Status
Youth Pulls: 35
Youth Pull Grocers: 24 (+1)
Youth Pulls Sold: 10 (+1)
Youth Pulls Still With Club: 1 (-1)
Total Sold for: 995000 (+32000)

Youth Pull
Douglas Delong (16167608)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.
Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 5 000 US$
Wage: 520 US$/week

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

Conditions

Youth Squad: excellent (max)
Investment in the Youth squad: 20 000 US$ / week (NC)

Sponsors: high on life (NC)
Supporter Club: 1393 members (+20)
Supporters: delerious (NC)

Team Spirit: composed (NC)
Confidence: strong (NC)

Even with the loss, it was respectable and to a much tougher team so the sponsors, supporters, and team all stayed where they are. The next two weeks will probably be key towards determining how the team feels the rest of the season.

20.07 Week In Review

On the Field
Brooklyn snapped our 2 games winning streak, beating us 5-2 as Phelan's tear continues. He has 5 goals in his last 2 games but he couldn't do it alone. UberTrainee(TM) winger Wellens is out 3 weeks with an injury from that game. Wednesday brought the start of a new FOFC Cup with the Hippos starting out as the #3 seed in the Run-and-Shoot bracket, hoping for a game with #2 Galesburg. We got past the first game, beating albionmoonlight's Yukon Quest 4-2 as Juan Miguel Tizon picked up where he left off in last year's cup, scoring 2 more goals to give him 10 in FOFC Cup games. This week, we have a really important match against Kaishaku FC, one of the two teams we are chasing for 4th place.

Off the Field
The Wellens injury allows us to keep on all 4 UberTrainees(TM) for another couple of weeks. Tryggvesson bumps to excellent and I think we'll just hold onto him and Storm until they bump to formidable and then start shopping them. Storm is already halfways there. Lastly, we picked up a new Hippo. With backup keeper Sidney Buckley playing poorly, we transfer listed him and picked up a veteran backup keeper. I didn't want to risk having to put Buckley into a game should Kimber get hurt. Ignacio Sanchez is a 24yo passable with a value of $240K and poor leadership/experience. He will get us at least 2.5 stars per game and probably 3 when his experience bumps. He's from Uruguay and we purchased him from a team called "ringer" in Div IV Espaņol for a shade above $70K (70380).

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote