View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 08:41 PM   #2
revrew
Team Chaplain

Schlereth's 2005 Picks
*The predictions and opinions presented by Mark Schlereth do not necessarily reflect the predictions and opinions of the FOFC, the ZFL, ZFL general managers, or the commissioner.

Los Angeles: 10-1"The defense goes all the way this year, and with those two OTs blocking for a beefed up passing game and a rookie sensation at runningback, the only ingredient missing for an undefeated season is a star QB."
San Antonio: 10-1"You heard it here first: Los Angeles no longer has the best defense in the ZFL. If San Antonio had any kind of passing attack at all, the Margaritas would be the champs instead of L.A."
Chicago: 8-3"The Eagle offense will not stop. But picking last in the draft has pushed Chicago back down into the pack."
Knoxville: 8-3"Rookie CB Deion Jackson should help the Redneck's ailing defense, and the offense should continue to rock. Knoxville is a bit of a wild card that could push for title contention."
Albuquerque: 7-4"The Isotopes are a better team than last year after this draft, but I thought they overachieved last season. I don't think Capital City Goofball can do it again. However, with Sizzlack, AQ could surprise many and win it all."
Milwaukee: 7-4"Injuries have slowed the Muscle Men's progress, but the Milwaukee D is starting to look intimidating."
Birmingham: 6-5"The Olympians will be feisty. I don't think the former champs are happy about dropping back to the middle of the pack, but I don't think they're ready to rise up, either."
El Paso: 4-7"Perhaps it's still a bit early, but the Busters are going to make a rise. And it won't be a slow ascent. QB Ryan Leaf might be the most underestimated QB in the league. With a little more protection, maybe a WR or two, he could general this defense-studded team to great things. Wait a minute, the Busters drafted an OT and WR. Watch out, league."
Portland: 4-7"The Sea Biscuits are stumbling right now, but Paddy O and what may be the best WR tandem in the league should keep Portland out of the basement."
Little Rock:3-8"The Slick Willies are also a team rising, though gradually. I really like their rookie DT, and Rajah looks prepped for another great year."
Fargo: 2-9"Fargo continues to struggle on draft day, making their climb out of the league's cellar that much slower."
Cicinnati: 0-11"Don't get me wrong--they had a great draft. Though I don't know why they went with OLB instead of a direly needed MLB. The Chaps are laying a foundation for great years to come. Just give it a while."
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote