View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #35
molson
General Manager

I've recently rediscovered the joy of light beer. They're so versatile. You can sip and enjoy for hours while watching a sporting event, or just throw them down, can after can, during the long drive through the desert down to Vegas. (as a passenger, of course. Tinted windows helps there also.) There's just something about cans. When the beer is cheap, the focus is on the experience the beer supplements, not the beer itself. Ahhh. There's nothing like a slowly increasing light beer buzz that fades slowly into the summer night. That makes up probably 50% of my drinking, with the other 50% whatever looks cool at the neighborhood hippie grocery store (great rare imports from Europe, local stuff, seasonal stuff.) I also tend to be drawn to anything with an animal on the packaging.

Never got into hard stuff or mixed drinks. Too complicated. And unnecessary, if there's beer around. The celebratory shot is occasionally fun, but beer is king, for me.

I find wine unoffensive, and it's fun to throw down a bottle now and then, but I have zero sense of taste or appreciation for it, so I'd rather just stick with the beer.

Last edited by molson : 07-21-2010 at 06:06 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote