View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #333
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I recently bought and read the entire Lucifer series. It's a Sandman spin off, focusing on Lucifer after he gave up Hell and moved to earth. It's not written by Gaiman, but it's excellent. Very Gaimanesque in many ways. There are 11 (maybe 12) trades out there. The series is complete. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Sandman. Some really great stuff.

Heavy Ink ran a sale on Sandman a while ago and I almost went on a spree and bought many of them but I decided to pass, at least for the time being. I had read the first two books of Lucifer two years ago (dang time flies) and was holding off on reading more. Don't know why, it just didn't really jive with me. I did buy volume 3 a couple weeks ago when HI ran a sale on it and many members over there commented that the story did pick up a bit with volume 3.

HI have been running sales on trades almost weekly and there was a pretty big one for Canada Day in which I picked up the first two volumes (phonebooks actually) of Cerebus. Really looking forward to getting them.

Been on a pretty constant feed of manga, mostly anything from Naoki Urasawa and reading the Vizbig editions of Vagabond.

Also read and really enjoyed Midnight Nation. Would qualify it as a moving experience of a read.

Finally read Dark Knight Returns and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Would also recommend Asterios Polyp as a very interesting read.

Currently reading a graphic novel called Area 10. It's a black and white book with art by one Chris Samnee that I really, really like.

FM