View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 02:23 PM   #197
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Off-Season Procedures

We had the #60th ranked recruiting class. Syracuse had the #1 ranked class in the country.

A pleasant surprise as my coaching skills have increased and I get to distribute 20 points. I add 5 to each category, across the board!

Our prestige has moved up to 37 now. The AD now expects us to compete for the conference title every year now. That is a tall order seeing as it took so long to get this far, and we are losing two of our best 3 players.

I get a bunch of job offers from some decent schools (prestige in () )

Washington State (37)
Virginia Commonwealth (41)
Sam Houston (43)
Eastern Washington (42)
Northern Illinois (38)
Idaho State (44)
Western Michigan (38)

I decline them all and want to continue what is happening here in Colgate.

My coaching assistant has left for a job with Seton Hall.

Our recruiting director also leaves. He goes to Drexel.

Brett Nichols is our new scouting director. He is rated 45

James Lucy is our new X’s and O’s man. He is rated 40 on offense and 49 on defense.

I have 12 games to schedule, of which 7 can be home contests.

In May we schedule: Mount St. Mary’s, Liberty, Long Island, Southeastern Louisiana, Binghampton, and Garnder Webb. All bottom of the barrel teams.

In June we schedule: UC Riverside, Buffalo, Albany, New Hampshire, and Sacred Heart

June begins the recruiting period and we have 4 scholarships to offer.

In July, we round out our schedule with a road date with Lafayette.

November rolls around and we have no early committals, but we are in the running for a couple of really prized recruits, including a 5 star guy who is very, very interested in our program!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote