View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 02:00 PM   #195
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I was hired by Colgate, and my first goal was to make the NCAA tournament. It took a long whiloe, and there were many painful moments, but it all paid off as I stepped onto the court on this day, knowing that me and my team will play in the NCAA’s and have a 1 in 65 shot at the National Title.

Our road to the title begins with a tall order, the #3 seeded Kansas Jayhawks. I don’t expect to win this game, but anything can happen this time of year, and as long as we play our A game, I will be happy.

In the meantime, Wagner earned a #1 seed in the NIT tournament. They faced Illinois-Chicago in the first round and lost 78-61.

Campbell was also invited to the NIT as a 6 seed and face Dartmouth in the first round. They win 79-62.

As for us, we are a 1 and done team, as we fall to the Jayhawks 89-62. We just couldn’t compete man for man against Kansas, although Moses and Pierre each scored in double figures as did Tom D. Our three stars played them competitively, but the rest of the team is not nearly at that talent level.

Still, a spectacular season for COLGATE!

Campbell loses in the 2nd round by 1 point to Santa Clara and the Ivy League season is over.

Final Four

#4 Arizona
#1 Kentucky
#1 Fresno State
#2 Connecticut

Kentucky takes home the National Championship by beating Connecticut.

Montana wins the NIT title.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote