lytic
College Benchwarmer

Another week and another loss

zyzzerz - SouthPark Cows 5 - 0

Date: 9/15/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326889
Arena: zyzzerz Arena
Crowd: 34834

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 34834 to zyzzerz Arena. zyzzerz had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Jaakson - Ribes, Schipper, Mirkovic - Nakums, Knutsen, Richardson, Ziegler, Istorp - Hagelner, Smedley.

SouthPark started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Black - Wilhelm, Davis, Cook - Millard, Crain, Dragóner, Danhof, Guy - Gustavsson, Orkola.

A well placed corner kick from Lyle Richardson was followed by Jon Smedley´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for zyzzerz. The result now 1-0. In the 35:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Vladan Mirkovic dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for zyzzerz. Lyle Richardson almost managed to score another goal for zyzzerz, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Olle Istorp squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 38:th minute, asserting the lead to 3 - 0. Halftime score was 3 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by zyzzerz, with an impressive 75 percent possession of the ball.

The home sides Lyle Richardson twisted a free kick home in the 56:th minute, putting zyzzerz ahead 4 - 0. After this zyzzerz lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. In the 84:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Jonas Knutsen dashed through, knocking home 5 - 0 for zyzzerz. 87 minutes into the game Jukka Orkola had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Steven Mcnutt. The referee showed zyzzerzs Vladan Mirkovic the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by zyzzerz, with an impressive 78 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating zyzzerz player was without a doubt Jonas Knutsen. Olle Istorp was a disappointment, however. SouthPark´s best player was Buda Dragóner. Steven Mcnutt was a disappointment, however. The match ends 5 - 0.

Team Attitude: Play it Cool

RATING

zyzzerz
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: extra-terrestrial
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: inadequate

SouthPark Cows
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: outstanding

I kinda expected to lose, but again stats meet up expect the midfield. He obviously owned possesion, I just don't see why that always has to equal blow out shut outs...
Well, I'm not looking forward to playing the Gargs despite what people think. I can't afford to MOTS, I'm not even sure I can afford to Norm... I think I should just pack up and leave instead of trying to fight the inevitable.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote