View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #78
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I gave my two week notice at my current job. As of June 25th, I'll be unemployed for a couple of months while I work on the building and all the associated paperwork. Should be interesting to say the least.

We continue to get lots of interest in the property via e-mail. I really feel like this is going to work very well. Our only real hurdle to a lot of bookings is just getting the building renovated, which should be done by the end of August. Even the addition of drywall and renovated flooring (mid-July) should have a profound impact on potential event clients since it will start looking like a real building at that point. I also just received a Google Voice invite and will set up a phone number and message so we have phone access for potential customers.

Work was started yesterday on our new parking lot. Once they finish that, they plan to move on to repaving the existing roads on the property. Should really help the curb appeal to have those things complete. We'll also be adding a couple of sidewalks by the wedding gazebo to avoid any issues with trampled-down grass where the people/bridal party will walk between the gazebo and the fountain.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-16-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote