View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 08:21 PM   #119
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Off-Season Procedures

Our recruiting class was ranked #194 overall. We were only able to sign 1 recruit. Cincinnati follows up their title run with the #1 ranked recruiting class in the land.

Our team prestige has now dropped to 30.

The Board of trustees is satisfied with my performance. At one point they were delighted.

Our training facilities are only 6th best in the conference, so I put in a request for an upgrade.

We are not offered any new jobs once again.

Once again, all of my assistant coaches decide to stay put with me. Again, I am a bit surprised, but quite happy.

Scheduling:

We have 9 openings on our OOC schedule, 7 of which can be home games.

As May comes to a close we have games with: Sacred Heart, Gardner Webb, Cal State Fullerton, Mount St. Mary’s, Howard, and Binghampton.

I was also informed the funds are not available to upgrade training facilities.

In June we round out our schedule with: Chicago State, Liberty and Quinnipiac

Again, we load up on teams that might be even worst than we are.

Recruiting also begins in June and we have 5 spots to fill. A very tall order!

As July hits, I get some good news from the AD. He has increased my recruiting budget by almost 22,000 for the year.

Early November rolls around, and the early signing period begins. We get two decisions, 1 good, one bad.

C Gordon Mora, from Westbrook, CT has committed to Kentucky

PG Johnnie Moore, from Farrell, PA has committed to Colgate. Johnnie is a 3 star prospect. He has the potential to be everything we want in a prototypical point guard. He shot is not great, but it is average. He is a great finisher when he drives to the hoop

RECRUIT DETAILS

#0 PG Johnnie Moore
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 188
High School: Farrell Area High School
Hometown: Farrell, PA
GPA: 2.40
Test Score: 1040
Rating: ***

Attributes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK PFS QKN STR JMP STA
Current: 51 29 69 29 37 27 52 20 37 37 25 44 79 84 39 46 76
Potential: B C A C A A C C B D D C

Season Stats:
PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS
8.4 1.6 4.0 3.6 2.4 1.53 0.8 0.9 2.6

Shooting Averages:
FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P%
3.7 10.0 .368 0.8 1.0 .810 0.2 2.6 .078

Recruiting Notes:
Qualified: Yes
Committed to Colgate
Rankings: #31 PG, East Region #21 Overall, East Region #9 PG
High School Awards: None
Top 5 Schools: *Colgate, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgetown, Duke

We break training camp and are ready to showcase the 2010-2011 Colgate team for you

CENTERS

2 Brian Hobbs C Sr 6'10" 272 Lyndonville, NY

Hobbs enters his senior year as our starting Center. He has improved his defense and rebounding to the point of being excellent at those skills. His offense has improved enough to keep defenses honest. Last year he average 4.1 ppg and 8.1 rpg.

35 Warren Orth C Sr 6'11" 246 Norton, MA

Orth is a walk on in his final season. He still will not see much, if any, playing time for us.

13 Ted Deas C Fr 6' 9" 243 Morehead City, NC

Ted is a walkon whose defense is so bad, and has so little potential, that I don’t even want him courtside for our games.

POWER FORWARDS

31 David Dombrowski PF Sr 6' 8" 227 Bismarck, ND

David enters his senior year as a real scoring threat down low. He is also quite solid on defense, and a good shot blocker. He remains as our starting power forward. Last year he scored 10.0 ppg and had 6.3 rpg.

3 Lorenzo Winkle PF Sr 6'10" 235 Bakersfield, CA

Winkle has a few offensive moves, can compete on defense, and has pretty good hands and court vision for a big man. He will see some court time.

0 Chris Eliason PF Jr 6'11" 218 Brooklyn, NY

Chris does three things really well: score, play D and block shots. Two of those are great qualities that I look for and he will see plenty of court time. He is being groomed to start next season.

40 Mark Alpert PF Jr 6' 8" 259 Schenectady, NY

Alpert is a superb defender and a pretty good scorer. We really have some great depth at power forward, and Mark will see plenty of playing time.

SMALL FORWARD

45 Richard Benjamin SF Sr 6' 8" 232 Garden Grove, CA

This guy is truly a terrible player.

20 Stephen McNiel SF Jr 6' 7" 232 Baltimore, MD

McNeil is really deadly from 3 point range, but so far, after two years, he other skills have not developed as good as I would have hoped for. Still, he is our best option at SF.

51 Ed Silverman SF Fr 6' 8" 214 Forestville, MD

The freshman is lights out from 3 point range, but he brings nothing else to the table right now. He is completely lost on defense, but has room and time to grow. He will be used sparingly.

SHOOTING GUARD

22 Wilson Le SG So 6' 8" 215 Walworth, NY

Wilson has pretty good form on his shot, and plays acceptable defense. He is a decent passer as well. He really struggles from downtown though. Still, he is good enough to get a few minutes per game.

33 Joshua Melton SG So 6' 5" 225 Rockville, MD

This sophomore has an awkward looking shot which he struggles to get in the hoop. He is a good finisher from the paint though, and plays defense better than most on our team. He will see some time here and there.

POINT GUARDS

10 Tory Davis PG Sr 5' 7" 174 Topton, PA

Only on occasion will Tory have a big scoring game, but he does everything we want him to do as a point guard. Great ball distributor and will hawk his man on D. He will start at Point Guard.

43 Efren Quick PG Sr 6' 3" 197 Reading, PA

Decent shooter and a good ball distributor. He can back up both PG and SG with ease, and that is what he will do.

1 Earl Barnett PG Jr 5'11" 172 Groton, CT

He is money from the floor (rated 96) and a very solid defender. We will try to limit his three point attempts though. He will start at SG for us, and we expect him to be our leading scorer most nights.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote