View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #3
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I am one of the early customers to the original XM Service subscribing within the first year. It was a great idea back then. Listening to music commercial-free on an hour commute each way was wonderful. If you really think about it, why is this so different than buying a Tivo (which I also have) and skipping the commercials? The point is, time is valuable. And for me, it was worth the investment. We have satellite radio in both of our cars and one extra portable receiver I listen to every day at work. While I no longer have the same commute, I still listen to it almost every single day. And for me, what I like best is the great variety of stations to listen to. I can recall in years past going through a 80's phase, jazz, classical, alternative rock, rap, r&b. In the past couple of months, I've started listening more to Opie & Anthony. Of course, I also listen to news, ESPN, and comedy. I appreciate the fact that I can pick from a number of stations based on my mood.

Now I will say since the XM & Sirius merger, they have begun to combine the stations, and so some of my favorites are no longer what they used to be. But I have discovered new channels as well. Satellite Radio is one discretionary expense that I have found well worth it over the years. Neither me or anyone in my family works for SiriusXM - I'm just a satisfied customer!
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote