View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #134
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Yeah. Wasn't this supposed to be real easy in the 1950's? I think we play too many dice games and computer games when we think these military actions are going to go so smoothly.

It was pretty easy in the 1950's until China got involved. The US led UN troops pushed North Korea from Seoul back north of the 38th in 16 days. The UN troops were at the Chinese border in less than 2 months.

I agree, this is not a video game, but I personally believe that any offensive action by North Korea would result in a swift and decisive response (think January of 1991). The response required to defend and retake Seoul would require assets that are not in high demand in Afghanistan. Air/Sea/Armored. I would not imagine that there would be a lot of insurgent fighting.

That all said, I would prefer that we continue to use our military in other ways. We are treaty bound to protect S Korea, but as for protecting our own borders I would prefer that we continue to focus on Afghanistan/Pakistan, and increase our involvement in Somalia and Yemen.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote