View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin68 View Post
I am interested in sports fiction preferably a series. I read "The Southpaw" series and "Never Come Back " series. I would love to get into another sports fiction series.

Second question: My wife has read the "Twilight" series and all the Harry Potter series.

Can anybody give us suggestions on new series to read?
You might try "The Drover" series by Bill Granger, although it may not be exactly what you are looking for.

And, if you are picking up his Drover books you might as well try The New York Yanquis" also by Bill Granger. A funny story about Steinbrenner replacing his entire Yankee team with Cubans.

And, if anyone here is still playing FOF for hours on end with your homemade charts and spreadsheets, you should definitely read
The Universal Baseball Association, Inc., J. Henry Waugh, Prop.
Amazon.com: The Universal Baseball Association, Inc., J. Henry Waugh, Prop. (9780452260306): Robert Coover: Books
Took me back to my Strat-O-Matic days in High school and college.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 05-25-2010 at 09:30 AM.
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote