View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #492
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

He continues along the main path and enters an odd place:

This is a circular room whose walls are covered with primitive and almost unreadable writing. Alzar’s ancient languages ability helps It tells the story of the last days of the Taurians on Skeleton Key.

“I am Kandros, leader-chief of the bull-headed people in service to Camulos, God of Conflict and Strife. For years many we have been in service to Him and came here to restore the glory of our people after the weak nations gained strength only but grouping together. Though we slay many, ultimately we had to flee our homeland of Hithtris and chose this small island out of the way from which to reforge an empire. This was for many years and as our power grew again, so did our pride. Despite not having the strength of old, we yearned to again sail the seas and terrorize the people, which we did. This revealed our continued presence to the nations of man, and again did they seek to slay us. They regathered a navy of a size not before seen and the ocean was dark with the sails of their ships. The man people arrive and the were lead by the sword-leader Cathos. He led the coalition and drove our people from their homes, and they fled to our fort – out last bastion against the combined strength of the humans. Many of our kind fled to the mazes and tunnels below to prepare another welcome for the humans, in the temple of Camulos below. Then the human horde struck against our mighty keep and wave and wave of men broke against our strong fortifications, but they wore us down and broke into the keep. They overran us and slew our soldiers, our women, and our children. Some of us escaped to the holy mazes below, and were able to keep their existence a secret from the rest of the world. That was months ago. In that time, our people have been unable to emerge with the human outposts on the Key above us. We have lacked for food, but water is plenty, so we did not starve immediately. Over time, one by one we have fallen, and now I am the only one left. I am the last of our people. But I will not die in vain like so many of my kin. I will ensure that Cathos and his descendants feel my rage for eternity. Nothing I can do could bring justice or even vengeance. Spite will have to be enough.”

There are bones on the floor and a scorched and almost complete skeleton of a huge taurian. It’s missing its head. They continue and arrive at another side dead-end room and check it out. This is the wrecked wooden remains of more minotaur statues. However, as Alzar approaches, they animate and are four unarmed, damaged wood golems. He orders the zombies back, these guys can only be hit by magic. Alzar wins init and destroys one with an axe. They all miss. He wins init and rolls a 3. +7 for their AC is 10. +4 for mastery + bonus, and that’s a hit, and he kills it. One hits him for 4 damage. His backswing kills another golem. He wins init and kills the fourth.

XP – 250

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote