View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I have a background in compensation, so here's my take:

If the person has a part time position now, going to a temporary full time that works 40 hours instead of less than that (if the part-time is really less than 40) will arrive at a higher weekly wage. That matters to people.

You also don't want to pay the temporary hire more per week or hour than the woman out on maternity leave or that one will be pissed on upon return. She will learn about it, if you do this.

Essentially, offer what the current employee makes per hour, unadjusted for the lack of benefits. Doing otherwise will create potenetial problems when the maternity leaver returns.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote